Friday, October 21, 2011

Digging Deep, a book review

I just finished reading a really great book that not only surprised me, but it changed me. It's called "Dug Down Deep" by Joshua Harris. I'm including my book review below and I'm encouraging anyone who desires to TRULY know God, not just EXPERIENCE Him, to give the book a read. Enjoy!

Dug Down Deep Review

I am one of the Christians that Josh describes in his book who 'knew a lot about the Christian religion, and so little about God'. The emphasis in my early Christian life was on developing a friendship with Jesus and embracing all of the 'good feelings' associated with following him.

I missed so much. I missed the opportunity to truly know him - through grounded and unapologetic doctrine. I was afraid of it, that in some way, absorbing all of the theology would diminish my love for Jesus. This book reminded me and encouraged me, that it is the theology that will actually move me towards knowing and loving him more.

I am so thankful for this book and for the simple and tender way with which it is written. Josh speaks through personal experience and careful observation that guides the reader through the process of embracing the need to dig deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment